What kind of topics are required to be covered in the sales trainings?
How long is the Sales training supposed to be?
What is the required frequency of the Sales training ?
First things first.
* Do the Sales Team have the basic communication skills, if not, deal with that immediately or find repalcements.
* Train them into the following things:
- The Products and Services offered by the Company.
- How are the Products Manufactured and the Services Delivered.
- All Sales People should know a little about each department and how it works and what is its role and what are their strengths.
- Sales Team should know the complete history of the company, its past products, services, markets covered, key customers, successes, accomplishments, awards, testimonials etc.,
- Sales team should be fully exposed to how the customers use the products and services and how the customers are benefited by the use of your products and services.
- The detailed understanding of the customer, customers business, customer’s challenges and opportunities, customer’s industry, SWOT and TOWS of the customer and their industry etc., can make a sales person graduate to being a sales consultant.
- Knowing about the company’s past clients, past projects, portfolio, industry presence, key accomplishments, recognition, collaborations etc., will help the sales person represent the company in a more effective way.