Organizational inputs,process, outputs and environment are major factors in determining how much the organization will be successful.
Planning in areas, such as plant facilities planning or human resource planning, is called INPUT PLANNING – the development of proposed action that will furnish sufficient and appropriate organizational resources for reaching established organizational objectives.
e.g.: Human Resource Planning
Kind of questions personnel planners should try to answer are:
- What types of people does the organization need to reach its objectives?
- How many of each type are needed?
- What steps should the organization take to recruit and select such people?
- Can present employees be further trained to fill future needed positions?
- At what rate are employees being lost to other organizations?