Possibly the number one leadership challenge in the world of business, government and civil society is the same:
It is to enable stakeholder groups that need each other to change the system to move from ME to WE – that is, from ego-system awareness to eco-system awareness.
How do you do that?
Innovating from the Future: One Process, Five Movements
Presencing is an innovatin method that enables groups and stakeholders to co-sense and co-create the future. Profound innovation requires us to suspend downloading patterns in order to activate generative social fields.
The 5 movements of the U Process are:
- Co-Initiating: Uncovering shared intention – building a first container.
- Co-Sensing: Seeing reality from the edges of the system – establishing the horizontal connection with various stakeholders.
- Co-Presencing: Connecting to your highest future potential – establishing the vertical connection
- Co-Creating: Prototyping to learn by doing-bringing the new into reality.
- Co-Shaping: Embodying and institutionalizing the new – evolving the larger eco-system.
Please find separate write ups on each of these 5 movements on the same blog.
This writeup is based on Theory U by MIT Prof. Dr. Otto Scharmer.