Presencing: Connecting to the highest future potential
After deeply immersing yourself in the contexts of most potential, the next movement focuses on connecting to your deeper source of knowing – the sources of creativity and Self.
Presencing, the blending of sensing and presence, means to operate from the sources of one’s highest future possibility in the now.
In many ways, presencing resembles co-sensing. Both involve shifting the inner place of operating from the head to the heart. The Key difference is that sensing shifts the place of perception to the current whole, while Presencing shifts the place of perception to the emerging future whole.
Presencing uses your higher self as a vehicle for embodying the future wants to emerge.
The fundamental 2 questions that one needs to answer (allow the answer to emerge) are:
- Who is my SELF?
- What is my WORK?
Outcomes of Presencing:
Whatever form the presencing movement takes, it should result in the following outcomes:
- A set of prototyping initiatives
- Core Teams for each prototype initiative
- A 3D map of each prototype initiative: current reality, future state, leverage points
- A list of key stakeholders for each prototype
- An inspired energy in the team
- A place and support infrastructure for the path forward
- A list of potential additional team members that need to be onboarded (part-time)
- Milestones for reviewing the progress and learning for each prototype
- An emerging leadership narrative: the story of us, the story of self, and the story of now
Principles of Presencing:
- Circles: Charging the Container (the holding space)
- Letting Go: The Presence of the Circle Being
- Intentional Silence: Pick a practice that helps you connect with your Source.
- Follow your Journey: Do what you love, love what you do
- Letting Come: Presencing the Future Wanting to Emerge
Next write up: Co-Creation: Crystallizing and Prototyping the New
This write up is based on the Theory U by MIT Prof. Dr. Otto Scharmer