SWOT has been the standard approach for any business analysis and personal analysis.
Now the trend is to look at the Threats first, and hence the reverse approach to start with T O W S.
SWOT can be said to be Inside out way of thinking and TOWS can be said to be the outside in way of thinking.
Today, in discussion with one of the clients, we were discussing THREATS of TOWS in further details.
- Threats can be to the current state as well as to the desired future state.
- Threats can be to current market share, customer base, revenue, profitability, manpower, resources, channel and other key factors.
- Mapping all possible threats may be a good starting point. One must map all possible threats including the ones, that you are currently able to manage successfully.
- Mapping all players, all key stake holders, all constituency will help you generate awareness.
- Mapping all possible direct and indirect competition and their strengths is difficult but very useful.
For further details contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; 919375970812